CALL FOR ENTRIES OPEN! SUBMIT YOUR FILM FOR
The mission of the AfroSci film festival is to bring science-based visual content to and from an often overlooked and ignored demographic. The festival will be a place for filmmakers of African descent to share experiences of science storytelling; engaged in creating content mix of inventive documentaries, thought-provoking scientific fiction, data and visualizations from research labs of black scientists (laboratory cinema), and experimental science film. The festival will also actively cultivate an interest in STEM education and scientific cinema from young black content creators.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT A FILM?
Filmmakers of all abilities, with an Afro diasporic background, are invited to submit their films in the following categories:
- Science Documentary (any length)
- Science Fiction Feature Narrative (40 minutes and longer)
- Science Fiction /Experimental shorts (less than 40 minutes)
- Youth Submissions (for filmmakers under age 19; includes both short and feature films)
HOW TO SUBMIT A FILM?
AfroSci Film Festival proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contest
2020 FESTIVAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES
- October 14, 2019 Submissions open
- April 6, 2020 – Early Bird Deadline (submit by this date for best price!)
- May 11, 2020 – Regular Deadline
- June 15, 2020 – Late Deadline
- July 13, 2020 – Extended deadline
- July 27, 2020 – Notification Date
If you have a film to suggest for our consideration, please contact us!
The festival will take place Saturday, September 12, 2020 at The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in New York City.